The New Normal: Business Adaptation Workshop Series
- Tuesday, June 8th; 6 - 7:30pm
- Thursday, June 10th; 6 - 7:30pm
- Tuesday, June 15th; 6 - 7:30pm
- Thursday, June 17th; 6 - 7:30pm
Register for a 4-session workshop series to learn how to respond to the coronavirus pandemic and prepare your business for the future.
About this event
Note: This track is designed ONLY for businesses that have in-person interactions with their customers all or some of the time (i.e. storefront businesses).
In response to Covid-19, the NYC Department of Small Business Services is offering a limited 4-session workshop series to help small businesses adapt to the new and "next" normal.
Click here to register.
Once you register, you will be signed up for all four sessions. Please plan on attending all four 90-minute sessions.
About the Limited Series:
This series will provide strategies, tools, and resources to help New York City’s small business owners adapt to the new and “next” normal.
Each track contains four Zoom-based sessions that are interactive and build upon each other. You will be given exercises, resources, and opportunities to discuss and apply concepts, as well as templates to support your business. There will be short assignments to deepen your learning and apply the concepts between sessions. The facilitators are experienced business owners/mentors who have been specially trained to conduct this workshop series.
This series is for you if you:
- Are a business owner currently operating a business or previously operating a business with the intent of re-opening
- Have a business that has been impacted by COVID-19, and are looking to recover and adapt your operations, finances, and marketing to a new normal
- Want to think beyond the immediate short-term recovery of your business and start planning for 2021
Workshop Content Overview:
Session 1 (Tuesday, June 8th):
- How Covid-19 has impacted your business
- Keeping yourself, your staff, your customers, and your community safe
- Low cost, high impact tools including technology
- Cash flow, more costs, less revenue
Session 2 (Thursday, June 10th):
- Bringing customers back using digital tools
- Diversifying income streams
- Examining business opportunities and strength
- Discussing examples of businesses that excelled in economic downturns
Session 3 (Tuesday, June 15th):
- Examine weaknesses and threats
- Develop contingency plans
- Diversifying additional income streams
- Adapting financial modeling
Session 4 (Thursday, June 17th):
- Looking at long-term trends and how to leverage them
- Update strategic opportunities within your business eco-system
- Looking more closely at enabling technology
- Developing your action plan