It's official! New York City has entered Phase 2 of the New York Forward reopening plan as of Monday, June 22nd. This means that several businesses including hair salons, barbershops and some in-store retail shops can welcome customers again. This also means that city restaurants can now offer outdoor dining service! Many Village eateries have set up safe and comfortable outdoor seating areas to welcome you back.
Before you go out, there are a few things to consider to make your experience as safe as possible for your fellow diners, the staff and yourself.
- If you are sick, experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 or have recently been exposed to someone with the virus, STAY HOME.
- Research the restaurant's COVID-19 safety protocols before heading out. Makes ure the tables are properly spaced six feet apart and that staff meembers are wearing face coverings.
- To comply with capacity limits, most restaurants now require reservations for outdoor dining. Be sure to book ahead.
- Wear a face covering when not seated at your table.
- Wash your hands upon entering and exiting the restaurant to avoid touching your face.
- Maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others in hallways, entryways, waiting areas or anywhere you may come into contact with people outside of your dining party.
- Try not to stay too long. With restaurants operating at limited capacity, there are only so many tables available for patrons. Be courteous and don't linger at your table longer than necessary.
With all that said, here are all of the Village restaurants currently open for outdoor dining. We'll be updating this list in teh coming weeks as more restaurants open.
ST. MARKS PLACE
886 - Taiwanese cuisine - 26 St Marks Place
Eliza's Local- Cocktail bar - 2 St Marks Place
Spot Dessert Bar- Desserts, ice cream and pastries - 13 St Marks Place
Taste of Szechuan - Chinese cuisine - 58 East 8th Street
LENA- French cafe and wine bar - 1 C West 8th Street
Aunt Jake's- Italian cuisine - 47 West 8th Street
Rasa - Japanese and Malaysian cuisine - 25 West 8th Street
La Panineria- Gourmet Italian panini shop - 1 West 8th Street
Pane Pasta- Quick service pasta - 58 West 8th Street
Eva's Kitchen- Casual health food - 11 West 8th Street
Amelie Wine Bar - French wine bar - 22 West 8th Street
Culture: An American Yogurt Company - Frozen yogurt shop - 60 West 8th Street
Loring Place - American cuisine - 21 West 8th Street
8th Street Winecellar - Wine bar - 28 West 8th Street
Analogue- Cocktail bar - 19 West 8th Street
Tortaria- Mexican cuisine - 94 University Place
Saigon Market- Vietnamese cuisine - 93 University Place
BROADWAY / ASTOR PLACE
The Donut Pub - Donut shop - 740 Broadway
O Cafe - Brazilian coffee shop - 482 6th Avenue
Olio e Piu- Italian cuisine - 3 Greenwich Avenue
Kubeh - Middle Eastern cusine - 464 6th Avenue
Sushi Katsuei- Sushi bar - 357 6th Avenue
Hao Noodle and Tea- Chinese cuisine - 401 6th Avenue
EAK Ramen - Japanese cuisine - 469 6th Avenue
Seabird - Seafood - 361 6th Avenue
Shu Hanju - Chinese cuisine - 465 6th Avenue
La Contenta Oeste - Mexican cuisine - 78 West 11th Street
Caffe Reggio - Italian cuisine - 119 MacDougal Street
Mamoun's Falafel - Middle Eastern cuisine - 119 MacDougal Street