The Village Alliance is hiring a full-time Marketing and Events Manager and we want to hear from you!
The Marketing and Events Manager is responsible for managing the organization’s external communications and identity by generating content for digital, print and social media channels, overseeing business promotion and tourism efforts, coordinating and executing events - all with an objective of visitor attraction, cultivating corporate partnerships and developing innovative community-focused public programming.
The job description is posted below, please follow the instructions under "To Apply" section if interested.
The Village Alliance is a not-for-profit Business Improvement District (BID) organization created in 1993 to promote the economic vitality of the Greenwich Village and Astor Place neighborhoods. The Alliance works to ensure the community’s continued growth and success by providing supplemental public safety, sanitation, economic development and marketing services, hosting community events, and investing in the maintenance, and beautification and activation of public open space.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Marketing and Events Manager will be responsible for the organization’s marketing, communications and event production. provide a broad range of communications, marketing and program support to the organization. This position will collaborate with local stakeholders including businesses, local community organizations and New York City agencies, to spspearhead ing and delivering initiatives thatto promote the neighborhoods of Greenwich Village and Astor Place and the profile ofwithin the larger Village Alliance mission. and achieve consistency with neighborhood branding.
The Marketing and Events Manager is responsible for managing the organization’s external communications and , identity ty and, messaging by generating content for, and content generation, including digitalelectronic, and print and social media channelsfor external communications, overseeing business promotion and tourism efforts, coordinating and executing events - all with an objective ofn emphasis on visitor attraction, cultivating corporate partnerships to grow and developing and delivery innovative community -focused public programming.support programming efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop promotions in collaboration with local businesses, institutions and select marketing partners with an eye toward increasing district visitation and digital engagement.
- Manage production and distribution of print and digital collateral for events and visitors to the district. Create smaller pieces in house; utilize graphic design consultants for larger campaigns.
- Produce quarterly marketing performance reports that include social media, website, Village Access App and newsletter analytics.
- Create and execute a communications calendar that includes general interest content about Greenwich Village and Astor Place, neighborhood events and the work of the Village Alliance. for the organization’s public initiatives.
- Manage theDevelop content for the organization’s digital presence, including websites, blog, e-news and social media communications, maintaining a consistent and authentic tone and style., while actively monitoring the organization’s online reputation.
- Expand and maintain press contacts in various content areas (e.g., hyper-local neighborhood news, food & wine, real estate/development, community events, etc.). Draft press releases, distribute content and pitch stories as necessary.
- Manage intern(s) and consultants to assist with communications efforts
- Create, plan and manage a minimum of 10 events annually that amplify the organization’s mission. Produce smaller-scale events in house, e.g., block parties, participatory arts events, trivia nights, holiday music, business and community networking events, etc.
- Work with and direct Manage consultants to produce larger-scale events including Dinner On 8th Street and the Astor Alive! performance series.
- Manage the event permit application process with the NYC Street Activity Permitting Office and NYS State Liquor Authority.
- Track local events on the City’s database, including, but not limited to, third-party events taking place on BID plazas and streets. Attend select events at other BIDsS and major public spaces to identify programming opportunities.s and provide feedback.
- BID events and manage event volunteer staff. Some evenings and weekends required.
- Assist the Executive Director in cultivating external partnerships, including research, outreach and follow-up with prospective corporate and non-profit partners.
- Create and maintain strong partnerships with local businesses, their owners and marketing teams. Seek to leverage in-kind partnerships
- Manage Astor Place plaza-hire brand activations, working with brand experience agencies to ensure third- party eventsplaza rentals complement Astor Place and comply with Astor Place Use Guidelines.
- Develop a network of peers to learn from and advance the mission of the organization.
- Maintain the organization’s contact database.
- From time to timetime, represent the Village Alliance at community events and meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, English/Journalism or a related field preferred
- Minimum of 3-4 years’ experience in marketing, communications, public/private partnerships and/or public relations. Agency and business development experience a plus.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in event planning for professional organization(s) preferred but not required
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, strong self-management skills and possess the ability to coordinate multiple priorities and responsibilities simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Outstanding Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented personality with a commitment to community and flexibility in time commitment to attend events on evenings and weekends relevant to the organization’s work
- Must have initiative and a willingness to push the organization beyond traditional methods of building capacity and raising income
- High level of ITcomputer software literacy and a strong aptitude for mastering new applications preferred,computer and Internet literacy including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Email Marketing, TweetDeck and Google Analytics. such as ArcGIS and/or other mapping system
- A willingness to learn and assist in all aspects of a small and fast- growing organizationpaced organization is also required
Applicants are required to include a writing sample of no more than five hundred words from their current place of employment, or else draft a short promotional article focused on any aspect of Greenwich Village.
Commensurate with experience.
The Village Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Submit cover letter, resume and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Marketing and Events Manager.” Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted. No phone calls, please.