The NYC Department of Design & Construction (DDC) have confirmed that construction work for the 8th Street Water Main Replacement Project will commence on Monday, September 17th.
- Tree pruning, removals, and saw cutting.
- Digging small test pits to determine what infrastructure is below ground.
Thereafter digging of the main larger trench will commence, beginning at the Sixth Avenue end of 8th Street, gradually moving towards Broadway.
Hours of Construction
- Monday to Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm.
- Saturday hours may vary.
- Working hours are subject to weather conditions.
Water Supply Interruptions
- At this time there are no planned water shutdowns.
- When water shutdowns are required, the project contractor, NYC Department of Design & Construction (DDC) will provide a 72 hour e-mail notification.
- This project has been commissioned by the NYC Department of Environmental Protection.
- The DDCCommunity Relations Manager, Myriam Benjamin is yours, and our, first point of contact for questions relating to construction and site conditions. Phone; 212-643-1654, email; [email protected]
- During the project the Village Alliance will advocate for businesses and residents alike, working with DEP and DDC to ensure disruption is kept to a minimum.
- The Village Alliance will communicate updates via email and Twitter. Our Twitter handle is @GrnVillageNYC, we will tweet using the hashtag #8thStWaterMain.
The Village Alliance is open Monday - Friday 9:30am - 6:00pm. Please feel free to visit or call us anytime to discuss concerns and questions you may have.