Cartoons and activities for kids and adults of all ages. On Saturday October 17th, West 8th Street retailers will open their doors to host the second annual Crazy 8 Cartoon Festival. Throughout the course of the day, activities and cartoons will be available in some of the streets restaurants and establishments. The best part? It's free, open to the public, and all about 8th Street.
Some schedule highlights:
- 10-6 8 Hours of Classic Cartoons @ Eva's Health FoodAND Cafe Nadery
- 10-5: Scribble Art Kids Art Workshop @ 50 W. 8TH ST
- 10-5 Rodi Gallery Show
- 10-4 Free Animal Balloons w/ Big Apple Circus
- 12-5 Alobe Restaurant Makeover @ Burger Joint
- 12-6 Jon Lavoie @ Sticky's Finger Joint
- 11-3 Big Apple Circus Kids Art Show @ Culture
- 1-1:08 8 MINUTE PARADE!
- 1-5: Funky Turns 40: Black Characte Revolution Exhibition
- 1:30-2 Meet the Harlem Globetrotters
- 2-3: Harlem Globetrotter Game of Horse
- 24 Alex McWatt Cartoon Tattoo Contest (REAL INK!) @ Stumptown Coffee
- 2:30-4: ASIFA East Animation Showcase @ Arts and Crafts Beer Parlor
- 3-6: The Next Big Thing Comic and Cartoon Art Show @ THE MARLTON HOTEL
- 4-6: The Kulbert Art School Show @ 41 W. 8TH ST
- 6-8: The Crazy 8 Award Show and Reception @ Some Good Wine
Don't forget to RSVP on Facebook! See you there!