The NYC Department of Design & Construction have advised the following works will take place between 9/17 and 9/21 to replace the 8th Street water main.
Monday 9/17 - Friday 9/21 from 7:00am-3:30pm
- Mobilization of Equipment and Saw Cutting of Test Pits / Trench Excavation on W 8th St. between 6th Ave. and 5th Ave.
- Water Main Installation at the Intersection of MacDougal St. and W 8th St.
- Water Main Installation on W 8th St. between MacDougal St. and 6th Ave.
Tuesday 9/18 - Friday 9/21
- Anticipated Water Service Interruption on W 8th St. between 6th Ave. and 5th Ave. (9:00am-2:00pm)
- Anticipated Water Service Interruption on MacDougal St. between W 8th St. and Washington Pl. (including MacDougal Alley) AND on Waverly Pl. between MacDougal St. and 6th Ave. (8:00am-3:00pm)
** Water shutdowns for the above locations are expected throughout the week. A 24-hour confirmation notice will be provided to all affected properties. **
For further information contact the DDC Community Relations Manager, Myriam Benjamin. Phone; 212-643-1654, email; email@example.com.